Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tradition, Tradition?

 


 


 Here is one tradition that in my point of view has been taken a little too far.

Growing up, as with many families, there is the tradition of receiving new pajamas on Christmas Eve.

I am so past this tradition, merely out of practicality... my kids don't need another pair of pajamas. But Grandma likes to keep traditions alive and got each of my kids a pair of pajamas. She was trying to keep me happy and shopped the sales to get the pajamas which resulted in a compromise this year.

Anna's pajamas are a little too big, in fact, they fit Xander. Here's the proof.

We are lucky to have traditions of course. Tevya reminds us, "Because of our traditions, everyone knows who he is and what God expects him to do." If we follow a tradition for that reason, alone, it's good enough for me.

1 comment:

i said...

I opted out of buying yet another set of jammies my kids don't need this year! Even if you still got some, it sure looks like it made for quite a fun time!!! :)