Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's All Too Much by Peter Walsh

Don't you love it when you run across a book that says exactly what you think!

I love the process of purging the stuff that clutters my life. It is usually man-made; and may seem important for a while but ends up cluttering a counter, box, shelf... you know what I mean.

It is also common for activities and people to clutter my life. And so a purge is also needed. Take the time to prioritize. Here's how:
  • What are my roles and responsibilities?
  • Whis roles are most important?
  • What will help fulfill my roles?
  • What specific goals to I have to fullfill those roles?

 If there is an activity or relationship that isn't helping you fulfill your roles or reach your goals - IT IS CLUTTER! You can give yourself permission to purge it.

This book specifies "How To" purge the tangible stuff that clutters your home. There are many books that help purge the stuff that clutters your life. My favorites are The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Families by Steven Covey and Leadership Education by Oliver Demille. Happy Reading.

2 comments:

i said...

i soooo need that book. it is a personal goal of mine to get rid of the things i have WAY too much of. i learned that when i was without everything for 2 months. i am going to get this book! thanks for sharing. :)

Larsens said...

We have been simplifying around here too. I have recently read Simplicity Parenting. I highly recommend it.