Monday, October 24, 2011

A Post from Aunt Suzie about Grandpa Mervil

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to catch up before my fourth trip out of town in 2 months. After that, I will try to get back to Alb. to work on Dad's duplex. Dad is now in assisted living! It's a great place. Read below.

Dave and I were a formidable tag team, however, I don't think it would've happened without Gentry, Dad's tenant and guardian angel, playing "Tinker Bell" and casting a spell of reality on us so we could see how bad things really were.

Dan Ritchey was Dad's first visitor. As you can see below, it was a great beginning to Dad's new social life. I have not talked with Dad, but will let him get settled before he actually sees that he's there for good. We told him at first, it would be month to month. I tell my friends that V and L Care is more like a Bed and Breakfast than anything else! Here's the info:

V & L Care (Eva Llewallen)
1325 Gabaldon NW (off Rio Grande, just North of I-40. Go West at the light at Floral).
505 554 1840

I don't want Dad to have his own phone but you can call him at the number above. You should know that I absolutely do not want anyone taking him to any business places besides restaurants. No banks, attorneys, stores, etc. I'm DONE with all that. If you don't feel comfortable refusing him, please don't go to visit. However, I doubt that he will ask, now that he is in a new environment. I have a hunch he's settling in and on his way to 100!

This is a family-run business with great "house parents" that take him to the store, WalMart, etc. You can visit or take Dad out by calling the number above. Read on for a great report from Dan. As you might expect, there's a "story" behind each "story" that Dad told Dan. Regarding the food -- homemade beef stew, meatloaf and he had so many helpings that he got sick and had to go to the ER. That's why he didn't get his haircut. Oh well, the world according to Mervil!

Mike and Gentry went to see him over the past weekend. I'll get Mike to send us an update on that visit. Feel free to call and let Dad know that you know he's there.
Thanks,
Suzanne

No comments: