Sunday, September 11, 2011

Missing Dog!

I'm not sure how much Yorkies  cost, I just know I don't want to replace a missing one.

For 10 days now, Bebe (a mini-Yorkie) has become a part of our family. We haven't permenately adopted a dog (although I would consider it), we are just taking care of Bebe for two weeks.

Bebe has adopted Stan and I, Xander and Niko; she follows us around, underfoot at all times. She is not quite so sure of the girls. She runs from them, who constantly carry her around the house, dress her up, drag her on her leash, and squeeze her with the biggest hugs you have ever seen. (Note: Please see the baby chick story from a few weeks ago.)

Well today was like no other, Bebe was carried to and fro, babied, and adored. After making and early dinner, I asked, "Where's Bebe?" and no one knew. Frightened, I was sure that Bebe had finally escaped the girls, walked through the gate into the front yard and wandered to a neighbors. Even more frightening was that an unusual storm had just come through the vegas valley, rain pounding the pavement and flooding the streets; a sure sign that Bebe probably wasn't just out in the street.

After searching the house, we set out to the street. The girl's and I walked the neighborhood calling and the boys rode bikes around the outside of the neighborhood, squeeking her favorite toy and calling as well. With not encouragement and no sign of Bebe, we expanded the search to the next neighborhood over. And still no sign of the dog.

Anna was of course in tears, and was telling me all  about her last moments with Bebe, " Mom, I had her in the laundry basket and then she got out and went in the front yard. I went and got her and brought her back inside..." As we walked inside, I thought we should look in the laundry basket again. On our way to the said basket, Ella popped up, "Oh, she's ober here." And Ella ran to the black furniture which usually holds some workout equipment, opened the door. There was Bebe. Awoken from a silent nap.

Of course I was thrilled at the prospect of NOT having to report the loss to Bebe's owner (a sad occurance, for sure), and even more thrilled at saving the cost of attempting to replace an adorable little creature.

No comments: